IT Field EngineerNewburgh Networks - Dorchester, Dorset
Remote – Home based [Dorset Area]
Salary – £30,000 to £35,000 depending on skills and experience
We are a small Dorset based IT support company, supporting businesses with up to 150 staff with all aspects of their IT infrastructure, both software and hardware. We also support a small number of residential clients.
We are on a steady growth journey and aim to grow our business from its current position of £500,000 turnover up to £2,000,000.
For the right person, this role represents an opportunity to grow with the business, learn and develop into a senior and integral cog in our organisation.
The primary role will be as an IT field engineer, conducting support, maintenance and installation works on customer sites.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012-2022
- Setting up, supporting and maintaining Microsoft 365 tenants and users
- SharePoint Online
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies
- Windows File and Print Services
- Windows 8, 10 and 11 Desktop Support
- Helpdesk Administration (effective time and note recording through the ConnectWise platform)
- Network Switch and Router / Firewall Configuration
- HP / Dell Hardware Support and Maintenance
- Network Cabling and Testing
- Endpoint Security
- Internet connectivity – diagnostics and new installation setup
- Full UK Driving License with own vehicle [mileage allowance will be paid]
- Automation (ConnectWise)
• Cyber Essentials knowledge / understanding
- ConnectWise Manage
- Mobile Device Management
- Draytek / Cisco Administration
- SaaS Backup Solutions
- Ubiquiti WiFi
- Apple Mac OS Support
- VoIP Telephone Systems
Because we are a small company, there is a need for everyone to be able to do everything at busy times and to cover leave, however we anticipate that 70% of your time will be field based and 30% will be desk based.
The person we are looking for is one who will see this as an opportunity to grow with the company and become an integral part of its future. Whilst we try to schedule works to be completed during normal office hours, there will on occasions be a need for someone who is flexible with start and finish times to ensure jobs are completed within the required time frames, which we would expect to be normal for anyone with previous field engineering experience. Time off in lieu will be offered to compensate for this at our discretion and we are very fair and reasonable with this.
Key attributes for this person will be:
- A bright and confident personality
- Someone who is practical and capable to drill a hole through a wall to run a cable, mount access points etc in addition to programming and diagnostic works.
- Someone who is driven to work hard and succeed
- Someone who is able to communicate positively with customers both on the phone and face to face
- Someone who is organised and concise with their record keeping
- Someone who is calm and collected under pressure
- Someone who has an outgoing personality and will mix well with the team
- Must live within a 25-mile radius of Dorchester
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must have a full UK Driving licence and own vehicle for site visits [mileage reimbursed at £0.45 per mile]
- Must be comfortable and effective working alone / unsupervised
- Must be capable of solving problems in a methodical manner and making own decisions whilst working on site