IT Service Desk ManagerNewburgh Networks - Dorchester, Dorset
Remote – Home based [Dorset Area]
Salary – Up to £40,000 depending on skills and experience
We are a small Dorset based IT support company, supporting businesses with up to 150 staff with all aspects of their IT infrastructure, both software and hardware. We also support a small number of residential clients.
We are on a steady growth journey and aim to grow our business from its current position of £500,000 turnover up to £2,000,000.
For the right person, this role represents an opportunity to grow with the business, learn and develop into a senior and integral cog in our organisation.
The primary role however will be to take responsibility for our customer support operation. This will involve receiving, logging, and managing support enquiries across the following areas:
- Windows Server 2012-2019
- Microsoft 365
- SharePoint Online
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies
- Windows File and Print Services
- Windows 8 & 10 Desktop Support
- Office 365 Administration
- Helpdesk Administration (effective time and note recording through the ConnectWise platform)
- Network Switch and Router / Firewall Configuration
- HP/Dell Hardware Support and Maintenance
- Network Cabling/Testing
- Endpoint Security
- Microsoft Azure Administration (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
- Automation (PowerShell/ConnectWise)
- ConnectWise Manage
- Mobile Device Management
- Draytek/Cisco Administration
- Altaro/Veeam Backup
- Ubiquiti WiFi
- Apple Mac OS Support
Because we are a small company, there is a need for everyone to be able to do everything at times however we anticipate that 90% of the time this person will be desk based and 10% on site.
The person we are looking for is one who will see this as an opportunity to grow with the company and become an integral part of its future. They will also be someone who has the skills to look at the way we do things constantly be looking for ways to improve both our efficiency and also the customer experience.
Key attributes for this person will be:
- A bright and confident personality
- Someone who is driven to work hard and succeed
- Someone who is able to communicate positively with customers
- Someone who is organised and concise with their record keeping
- Someone who is calm and collected under pressure
- Someone who has an outgoing personality and will mix well with the team
- Must live within a 25-mile radius of Dorchester
- Must have minimum of 4 years’ experience in a support desk environment
- Must have a full UK Driving licence and own vehicle for occasional site visits [mileage reimbursed at £0.45]
- Must be comfortable and effective working from home